Mix & Match in interior decorating
Mix and Match is to put together and mix patterns and colors. This is a very common practice in the fashion world, as you can see in the pictures below taken during the fashion shows for the Spring-Summer 2013 collection.
There are examples of excellent results in interior decoration too. In the course of five articles on this blog we will give you some tips for your interior scenes in:
- the mix and match of chairs and armchairs: blend fabrics, shapes and colors of chairs.
- mix and match the decoration of the table: grandmother’s old service comes out of the closet.
- the patchwork of ceramics (coming soon): mix tiles with different patterns.
- the mix and match of materials (coming soon): combine materials never approached before.
- the patchwork of fabrics (coming soon): the stylish reinvented patchwork.
Are you ready for a trip to a world full of colors?
Marc Jacobs – New York Fashion Week – Spring-Summer 2013
Dries Van Noten – Paris Fashion Week – Spring-Summer